Monday, December 18, 2017

Chapter 71: Christmas Time is Here!

Hello Everyone!
Oh my goodness this week has just flown by! I love this time of year when everyone is starting to prepare for Christmas :) I'll have to take a picture of main street cause y'all will just die its so cute. I feel like I'm living in a Hallmark movie. So fun :) We have been working so hard and its been amazing to see how God is continuing to prepare people here in this little town. We met with so many people this week it was great and it feels like this is finally my area :). I forgot my planner in the car so I won't get to write about everything but here are a few highlights.
So we finally got to meet with one of our investigators named C___ and his less active wife M____. Such a sweet couple. I  love them already. Were just chatting about her conversion story and all that jazz and she says, " well you know, C____ wants to get baptized." I think my mouth just about dropped open as I looked over at him and he nodded. "Yeah," he said. "I'm only in 2 Nephi but I want to." Talk about blessing from on high! So cool :). I'm super excited to see the progress that he makes this week.
We also had the best mutual activity EVER this week! So we've been talking about it as a district for a little while now ( BTW, I have the best district EVER). So we combined all the wards and did this big Light the World activity. SO FUN! We shared a message at the beginning and then proceeded to make cards and plates of goodies for lots of widows and less actives and then, cherry on top, WE CAROLED!!!! Caroling is my favorite and it was so fun to see the excitement on their faces :). I love Christmas. Its the best :).
We have seen lots of little miracles this week as well. We have been working out of the area book a ton and its neat to see how receptive many of these people still are. I'm not sure I can describe a better feeling than meeting someone new and hearing that they loved their experience meeting with the missionaries years ago and for some reason, things have changed in their lives and they feel like they could really use the gospel now. For example, S___. One of her friends sent us over there and we had a great visit. She told us about her rocky past with drugs and how while she turned over a new leaf years ago, she still feels like she is missing something. I know that the "something" she feels missing is the gospel. The Gospel of Jesus Christ fills a hole in our souls that maybe we didn't even know was there. It is such a powerful thing.
I love being a missionary and getting to share his word. Its such a privileged to be a part of His church so go out and share it! Ask the missionaries for some pass along cards! Sharing the gospel brings so much joy and I'd love for all of y'all to feel some of that fire :) I love you and all and thanks for your prayers!!
Love ya!
Sister Tobler

No comments:

Post a Comment