Monday, December 18, 2017

Chapter 70: Pendleton, The Promised Land.

Hello Everyone!
I think about a year ago I was telling everyone that Pasco was the Promised land, well let me tell you, I didn't know Pendleton back then :). This place is absolutely AMAZING! Let me give you a little play by play of my week.
So Monday and Tuesday were spent packing, saying goodbye to a few people, and squeezing in as many lessons as possible. It was so hard to say good bye to the G____ ( our Recent Converts) but at least I know that I can go back and visit someday soon :). Plus saying good bye to Sister Calder was killer. I never want to do that again.
Wednesday... The day I got my companion :). I love Sister Paz so much. She's so sweet and actually reminds me a lot of myself at the beginning of my mission except not nearly as stubborn ;) ( I know, me? Stubborn? :) :) :) ). She's from St George UT and she's 24. So we didn't get out of the trainer meeting till about 4pm so we didn't get into Pendleton till about 5:45. Had a quick dinner with an amazing family in the ward that is super missionary minded, ran to Walmart with the help and guidance of the elders, and finally got back in our apartment at about 8:20. It was crazy. Pendleton makes no sense but  I think I may be starting to get the hang of things :).
Thursday was Thanksgiving!!!! WOOHOO! We got to eat with the bishop and we went and delivered cookies to some of our investigators so that we could get to meet them.
Friday we finally got to hit the ground running. Unfortunately, the previous sisters failed to leave us much notes wise on how the works been going here so we started out a little blind as to where we needed to be but that didn't stop us! We just hit the ground running and started making plans by the Spirit and so far its been working pretty well :). I love the investigators here. They are all so sweet and have such a desire to make Christ a bigger part of their lives! Its amazing to see the leaps and bounds that they are making and to hear about their experiences as they've been learning.
Saturday. You're not going to believe me... WE BAPTIZED 2 PEOPLE ALREADY :). T___ and K___ :) We got to meet them twice before the baptism and they are just amazing. It was a little weird jumping into a baptism like that but they were so ready.
So ya see, Pendleton truly is the promised land. I know that we are going to continue to see amazing miracles here because I mean look, Its only been one week and we've seen baptisms. The transfer is still young and I know that God is preparing more people to receive the gospel here. I love this work so much. Its my life and I hope to be forever engaged in it :) We met the funniest family ever this week in the ward. The Barnes. Brother Barnes is my favorite. I'm pretty sure he has lost his marbles and the only ones left are the gospel marbles because boy is that man passionate about the restoration of the gospel! Frankly, its hilarious and also motivating at the same time. He eats, sleeps, and breaths the gospel and is always looking for opportunities to share it. I hope I can one day be as bold as Brother Barnes :) I love you all! Thank you for all the prayers and support you give! I truly couldn't do it without you!
Love y'all!
Sister Tobler

No comments:

Post a Comment