Monday, December 18, 2017

Chapter 66: 61 Is My New Favorite Number!

Hello Everyone!
This week has been incredible! Oh my goodness. Let me start with this. During weekly planning last week we were pondering on some numbers that the assistants gave us. They counted up the hours that are in a mission and took out all the time for meetings and studying and sleeping and all those other things that we have to get done and showed us how much time we spend actually proselyting as missionaries. It comes out to less than 30% of our mission is spent out talking with people. LESS THAN 30%. That shook Sister Calder and I a lot. We started looking at our schedule and thinking about how we could up that percentage so that we could be finding more of our brothers and sisters and helping them to come unto Christ. In an average week, a missionary will average between 35-40 hours out proselyting. This week.... We totaled 61 proselyting hours. HECK YEAH! It was probably one of the hardest things I've ever done and I've never been so tired in my whole life but it was so worth it.  Here's just a few cool experiences that we had from that.
J____: So we met her a few weeks ago and I'll be honest, I didn't think she was interested. We may have heard her say a few things through the door after she scheduled an appointment that made us think she wasn't going to be there. We see her around the complex not too much later as were talking with someone else and she waves us down and points up to her apartment. We head up there right after and she lets us in right away and opens up. Turns out shes a less active member that just moved here and feels like us finding her was Gods way of telling her that its time to come home. Amazing. God works in neat ways to help His children see His hand in their lives.
G____: Knocked on her door, she said that she used to have sister missionaries come and read with her from the Book of Mormon and that she misses it a lot! Now we get to go over and read with her and help her to gain a testimony of it for herself! Woohoo!
And one final one, K___: I think I've mentioned her before. She is A____ little sister. Shes 8. After A____ baptism last week she came up to us and said," I want to get baptized RIGHT NOW!". Well guess who's getting baptized on the 4th of November :). That's right :) It was so cute watching her go into her interview with Bishop on Sunday. She was practically dragging him over to his office because she is just so excited :)
I love the people here in this area. I love all the people in the tri-cites too I think :) Even the not so nice ones :). Its amazing to be able to give it all to them until I literally drop in exhaustion at the end of it. So worth it. I love you all! Have a great week and a very happy Halloween!

No comments:

Post a Comment