Monday, December 18, 2017

Chapter 69: Tranfers

Hello Everyone!
It has been a bitter sweet last 24 hours. I'll just cut right to it since I know that ya'll really want to hear about transfers. This dynamic duo is being split up :(. I guess President has to spread the love and hard work around because he needs me down in Pendleton Oregon now! How crazy is that!!! I am so sad to be leaving Sister Calder and my heart is kinda broken now having to part with her again but I know that Gods will is always best, no matter how much I wanted to be able to spend the holidays with my favorite companion.  Now let me tell you the sweet part. I'm training a new missionary... HECK YEAH!!!!!! I am so excited and so nervous for this new adventure in life. I've never left the tri- cities before but I know that God will help me in all that I do :).
The rest of this week has been pretty amazing! We found 4 new investigators and we hope to see them start progressing at rapid speeds soon as we come into the holidays. This is my favorite time of year, especially as a missionary. The air is turning cold, you can always see your breath, and people are starting to feel the Christmas cheer. So many people are out serving their neighbors and its inspiring to see the power of Christ as we enter this Christmas season. We had a special meeting with a general authority this week and he told us that as Christians, we OWN December. People expect us to talk about Christ so why not do it?! Light the World comes out this week so I'd love to invite all of yall to watch it and share it with someone and get involved in the initiative. I know I'm excited for it :).
I don't know if I have much more else to share. I went on my final exchange as an STL this week and I just have to say how much I have loved getting to serve the sisters of this mission. I am so grateful for the opportunities that I have been given to serve and feel the love that my Savior has for each of these sisters and I have learned so much from them in the process.
I love my Savior and I know that He is the only reason that I am able to do what I do. He is the reason I live and breathe and I am grateful for all that He gives me. I am so grateful that I have been blessed to have the gospel in my life and that I get to share it with others. I love you all and thanks for all your prayers!
Happy Thanksgiving!
Sister Tobler

No comments:

Post a Comment