Tuesday, July 25, 2017

Chapter 52: Tender Mercies

Hello Everyone!
I wish I had lots to report but its been a different sort of week with transfers and everything. Just a little slower but that's okay. There were plenty of tender mercies to help the week go along :)
1. My Zone. I couldn't be serving around better Elders and Sisters. They work so hard and motivate me to be a better missionary each and every day. Plus, Elder Smith caught a snake at our service project and Elder's Walker and Shumway are going to eat it. They are ridiculous. :). But its kinda the best. We have been working together as a zone to encourage one another to #LighttheLand and it has been so cool to see the miracles that have come from it as we've worked together.
2. The Ward. I couldn't be serving in a better ward where the people are so loving and willing to help us. Its been cool to see that whenever we have talked with a ward member about fellowshiping an investigator, they step right up and are willing to help wherever they can, even with giving rides to church to people they've never met!
3. Service. The verse is so true. When ye are in the service of your fellow beings, ye are only in the service of your God. We found this really cool lady this week who asked us to help her with some yard work. She totally opened up to us about how she was judged but her old church when they didn't have all the information about a situation and that's why she left. Just working with her for a few hours were were able to testify to her of many gospel principles. Plus, the icing on top, she invited us back! Woohoo!!!
 I love being a missionary, even when we have appointments fall through. God puts us in just the right places at the right time. It's amazing to be a part of his great plan. I love this work with all my heart and I love you all for all the support you give me through it all. I love yall!
Sister Tobler

This is Elder Smith and the snake he caught.  He and his companion have plans to eat it.  How do you cook a snake is what I asked Sister Tobler, and she said you roast it.  Yum, Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment