Wednesday, July 5, 2017

Chapter 49: Hi Again!

Hello Everyone!
This feels so weird.... I was literally just emailing on Friday.... Temple Preparation days throw me off a little... or a lot... Anyways.. Things are still going fantastic here! There isn't a whole lot more to update yall on for the last few weeks. The work goes forth. We contact potentials, knock doors, go to church, and make plans to find new investigators. You would think it would get old eventually but actually, its an adventure every day. You never know who will be behind the door, or who the Lord is preparing to have you cross paths with. We just have to be incredibly in tune with the spirit in order to recognize when people are ready to receive the gospel! Here's a story for you.
We had exchanges with the Prosser Hermanas on Saturday and I stayed in the area again while Sister Cram headed out there. Sometimes leading the area makes me a little nervous because I still get lost occasionally. I know right! You'd think that I would have figured out Richland by now but alas, I still mix up Putnum St and Pullen St. Anyways, we were knocking doors in this apartment complex with not much luck. The holiday tomorrow makes working a little harder and my companion for the day was actually sick so her spirits weren't particularly high either. We were treking up the steps to this apartment that I have seen a million times. We have waved to the people inside probably just as many times and they have never seemed very interested. There we met C___. He was so nice!!!! And so receptive! As we got to know him more, he told us that he has been wanting to go to a church but that it has been so long he's not sure where to go. We taught boldly about the Book of Mormon and the peace and direction that it brings into our lives and he didn't even hesitate to accept a copy of his very own! And he said we can come back!!!! Woohoo for missionary work!!!!!
There's not much else to report on for the last few days, but we have such a spectacular week planned and I just cant wait to see how it all plays out! Whatever happens, its obvious that God had great things in store for the Cottonwood ward! I love that I get to be a part of the sacred work. It truly is a ministry of angels. There is no way that I could do this own my own. When I don't feel strong enough to keep going, God bears me up and helps me to be better than I was before. Thank you all for all your love and support and prayers! It means so much to me and I'm so grateful for all of yall :)
Love ya!
Sister Tobler

No comments:

Post a Comment