Monday, January 30, 2017

Chapter 27: Transferred!!!!!!!!

Hello Everyone!
So I'm sure you are all dying to know.......... I'M BEING TRANSFERRED!!!!! To Pasco! I will being serving in the Pasco 10th and Columbia Basin wards starting on Wednesday :) And to top it all off, you'll never guess. I'M TRAINING A NEW MISSIONARY!!! AHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!! You can bet that I didn't even see that one coming! We were driving home from an amazing lesson with S____ ( We were celebrating that one for sure :)) and once we get back into civilization ( we were out in the boonies of West Richland) we saw that we had a missed call... From President White. DUN DUN DUUUUUN! For the last 2 weeks I have felt like I'm leaving for sure and Sister Johns was convinced that she was going to be training. Neither of us really wanted to be STL's ( not yet :)) so we were just hoping that we wouldn't get a call Sunday night. First things first, President told Sister Johns not to worry because she was going to stay in the area. Then he started talking to me and it just snowballed. I guess the Lord is ready for me to "step it up" as President put it. I am so excited to get to meet her and help her to become the missionary our Heavenly Father needs her to be. 
So you would think that the rest of the week would be a drag in comparison to last night but think again! Friday night we went to go visit one of our investigators and we happened to show up during dinner and of course they invited us to eat with them. Guess what it was.,..... Shark. That's right. I ate shark meat. and an even greater shock, I REALLY LIKED IT! Sister Tobler likes shark. Now I actually have something to say when people ask me what the weirdest thing I have eaten on my mission is :). I'm very happy :)
Another SUPER exciting thing. I can't remember if I told y'all about B____ G____from Kennewick? 


Ya. He Got baptized :). I loved getting to go back and see him finally make that sacred covenant with our Heavenly Father. Since I saw him 3 months ago he seems so different! Before he was consumed in his pain and sorrow, now, he has so much JOY in having found the gospel. And now he can prepare to do what he has been planing to for years. Now he can get ready to receive the Priesthood and baptize his children. What a happy day :)
One more big thing this week. I'm sure you have heard a little about the changes for missionaries throughout the church but let me tell you a little about it. There we were out in Benton City watching the broadcast. President decided to come and watch it with our zone which was fun. The finish instructing us on the importance of teaching the Doctrine of Christ and then comes the changes. Effective IMMEDIATELY we only report those investigators baptized and confirmed, those investigators with a set baptismal date, those investigators who came to church, and our new investigators. THAT'S IT! No reporting lessons of any kind or referrals contacted, or progressing investigators or ANYTHING! CRAZY!!! And we have a new schedule!!!!! I've attached it below. Now we can get more sleep!!! Woohoo!!!! Amazing what difference an hour makes! And P-day is longer now! Now we really don't know what to do to fill our time so it's super nice! So much freedom!!!! I love it :) So much!

So that it pretty much my week for ya! I am super excited for this new adventure that lies ahead of me. I have always been told that it is one thing for the Lord to love you, because He loves all His children, but it is another thing for him to trust you. God can't trust everyone with His work and for some reason He trusts me to help this new missionary grow and become better :) I am so excited for all that will be coming our way! Pray for me as I am doubled in and TRAINING!!!!!!! Woohooo! I want you all to know that I know that this gospel is true. It stresses me out a LOT, but I wouldn't change a thing about it. I am growing and becoming so much greater than I would be without it. I know that this makes a difference in the eternities and I feel so lucky to be able to share it with all those around me. I love you all and thank you so much for all that you do for me!
Till next week!
Sister Tobler

--Sister Lindsey Tobler

Kennewick Washington Mission

No comments:

Post a Comment