Wednesday, January 25, 2017

Chapter 26: They Got Dunked!!!

Hello Everyone!
So let me just tell you that this was by far the most stressful week up my life as a missionary up to this point. On the flip side, I don't know if I have ever felt so much joy. I had the privileged of being able to see S____ and G_____ get baptized this week. One on Tuesday and one on Saturday. No one thought they would ever go through with it but over the last few weeks their faith in Christ has grown so much that they knew that this was the next step for them. They seemed to be bursting with joy as the descended into the water and made that sacred covenant with our Heavenly Father. The road was long for each of them and the special occasion was nearly canceled due to freezing rain ( we had to walk to our own baptism) but it happened and now they have eternity to continue to progress and become more like God. I nearly cried when G_____ told us the day before her baptism that she had been praying about it a lot and that she wants to serve a mission in a year. So much joy in my heart. This is why I'm here, to watch my brothers and sisters realize who they are and have a desire to share it with others. I'm not here for the crazy person who yells at me to get off their porch. I'm here for the elect, those who are searching for truth, and I will find them. 
The rest of this week seems like a drag in comparison to the two baptisms. We visited some less active's and visited with some of the old widows in the ward. There were so many crazy ice storms this week that most people have been stuck inside! Lots of people are getting hurt slipping on their driveways to but lucky for me, I haven't slipped yet *knock on wood* :). I think it's the tag that protects us but who knows ;).
WE WENT TO THE TEMPLE TODAY!!!! I have missed going so much and I feel so lucky that we have one so close to us. As I have been able to teach people about God's plan for us, my love of the temple has grown deeper and deeper as I think of these new converts entering it's doors one day soon. We gave both G_____ and S_____ a picture of their favorite temples and now they have something to look forward to. I can't wait to be able to stand beside them as they make those covenants in as soon as a year. So excited!!!!!
We have been listening to this CD called "The Lamb of God" by Rob Gardner. So beautiful. It goes through the Saviors ministry and His death all in music. I highly recommend it. it has been amazing to not only be able to read about the life of my Savior in the Bible, but to be able to really feel all the emotions that came with His work. I am so grateful for all that my Savior has done for me. Because of Him, I am able to share this glorious message of the Gospel. Because of Him, I will be with my family FOREVER. And Because of Him, I can become more than I could ever be without Him. I love this work and I love this gospel. 
I love you all! Until next week!
Sister Tobler
-- 
Sister Lindsey Tobler

Kennewick Washington Mission





No comments:

Post a Comment