Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Chapter 24: Snow Storm!

Hello Everyone!
Ya'll wouldn't believe the amount of snow that we are getting out here! They had to cancel church the other day because it was coming down so hard and fast!  We were expecting about 13 inches this weekend and while I don't think we got quite that much, there was WAY too much for my liking. We were super surprised to get a call yesterday morning saying that President still wanted us to go out and work. We tried our best for about 2 hours and then the member who was driving us around said that this weather was ridiculous and that she didn't care who said what, she was taking us home. That made for a pretty uneventful Sunday. Shoveled driveways for 2 hours that was at least 6 inches deep while it was still snowing. The flakes were bigger than our eyes!!!!! I have never been in so much snow!!!!! It was absolutely insane! That's one for the journals :).
Because of all this terrible weather, our lessons have been spotty. Lots of last minute cancellations because people cant even get out to meet up with us but we have just used this as an opportunity to serve. We've shoveled lots of driveways this week. Lots. Just envision two gal's from Texas out trying to figure out the most effective way to use a snow shovel without killing their backs. It's a sight to see :).
G____, G_____, and S___ are all doing really well :) Just trekin' along to be baptized! We have had to adjust their dates a little bit so that they feel confident in their ability to live the gospel/ make sure the family is all in town for the occasion but they are doing so well. I feel so lucky to have been placed in their paths and to be able to help them build these relationships with their Heavenly Father. I don't know what I did to deserve to know them in the pre-mortal life, but I feel so lucky :).
Hmmm... What else..... Well I guess that's pretty much it for our week. Just trying our best to work out in this crazy weather! I'm getting good at driving on the snow! Who've thunk!!!!
I finished the Book of Mormon this last week again and every time I have read it I have gotten that same feeling of it's truthfulness. I know that this book is more than just any other book. I have seen this book change lives as I have been a missionary and even more than that, I have seen it change my life. Sometimes it seems boring or mundane to sit down and read it every day over and over again but it is different every time. We see it's stories differently and it really does help! I has given me so much strength and helped me to see the love that my Heavenly Father has for me. So... go read it!!!! Take a little time for it everyday and I promise, your life will change for the better :) Go to it!!
Love you all! 

Sister Tobler

Wow!  Is that a walking stick or an icicle?!?

All bundled up for the day!

Beautiful girl!



No comments:

Post a Comment