Tuesday, February 7, 2017

Chapter 28: Pasco the Promised Land

Hello Everyone!
Oh my goodness has this been the longest week ever! But I wouldn't change a thing. I LOVE her. She is such a sweetheart and is so amazing. She totally came pre-trained. She has such a big heart for the people and a desire to become a legendary missionary and I am so excited to get to help her in that journey. But before I talk about our adventures thus far, lets go back to West Richland for a moment.
It was really hard to leave.... I don't think I really realized how much I had grown to love the people there. True, I didn't cry like when I left Kennewick, but a small part of my heart felt like it had been torn out.Saying goodbye to the Clifford's was especially hard. These people have left such an impression on me and I will never forget all the love and support they have given me as I have learned and become a better missionary. I didn't want to say goodbye to G____ but I feel lucky knowing that I will see her again. In one year she can go through the temple and you can bet that I will be right there by her side, even if I have to drive a ways :).
Now onto the big day. Wednesday :). You can bet that I got all primped and pretty that morning. Couldn't look like the tired 6 month old missionary that I actually am right? Things were a bit hectic trying to get over to Kennewick ( lets just say by suitcases may or may not weigh a TON) but we made it there okay :) President talked with us for a while about how important it was that we teach these missionaries to be obedient and that we love them and help them adjust to mission life. Not intimidating at all right? Then we got to walk in and see them all. Yikes! To see all those new little sisters was so exciting and I just couldn't wait. They had all the trainees line up and introduce themselves.When I saw her I knew she was mine. But of course we had to wait. Then they had all of us (the trainers) line up in the front of the room and they called out who would the companionship's were. "Sister Tobler will be serving with.....Sister Calder!" The rest of the day was spent in meetings, unpacking, driving around the area with a member, and making a quick stop to the grocery store.
Since then, we have been trying to meet EVERYONE. Lots of less active visits and visits to the widows in the wards. Even more meetings and looking for opportunities to serve. I can't wait to have lessons with these people and help them as they strive to come even closer to Christ. It's been hard both of us being new to the area but it's amazing how God provides a way. The members have been so sweet printing maps for us and giving us directions :) I love these people. Then again, I just love people in general but these ones will be special in my heart for a long time, if not forever.
We have been blowing the wards away here with how much energy and excitement for the work we have. They got a bit of a sour taste for missionaries over the last little bit but we are surprising them and they are super excited to see that happens while we are here. We will be legendary for this area. I can just feel it. And if not, the people will know that we loved will all our hearts and gave it everything we got.
I love this work. I love all the stress and sleepless nights that come of it too. I love being able to just serve with all my might mind and strength and give God all I've got. It's an amazing feeling. Thank you all for your prayers and love and support! I couldn't do it without y'all!
Till next week!
Sister Tobler
P.S. We may be almost done with all this crazy weather! We had a little more freezing rain but I heard that we are on the uphill now! Woohoo!



--

No comments:

Post a Comment