Wednesday, August 30, 2017

Chapter 56: Prosser...

Hello Everyone!
Oh my goodness did we have the most insane week ever. I have the best story ever though to tell and that will probably sum up my email for the week! Let me take you back to last Friday.
We woke up super pumped for the day. The day had finally arrived. Anita's baptism. When we started our plans for the day we realized our day was pretty much planned for us! we had ZLC in Prosser with West Richland, making cookies with Sister Trevino for the baptism, weekly planning and then the Baptism! Pretty easy right?
Wrong.
On our war to Prosser, just shortly after we pass Benton City, the Car starts beeping at us. I look down at the gage and its overheating. A lot. So we pull over and let it cool down and then start up again. two minutes later, over heating again. we do this 4 times and actually get a call from the elders cause the passed us on the side of the road. We call the vehicle coordinator to see what we should do and he says that if we can just get to prosser and the dealership we'll be okay. Little did he know that was still 6 miles away. We call some different elders and tell them to meet us at the exit because we are going to use sheer grit and faith in order to get the car to move one more half mile. Luckily it starts up and we get about half way up the exit ramp before the car just dies. completely. We throw it in neutral, jump out and start pushing it up the rest of the ramp. I was convinced it was going to run right over me and back down to the freeway but my fear of getting hit by a semi kept me going :). When we get to the top of the hill it gives up the ghost and will not move at all. Luckily the elders show up about 30 min later and patch us up enough to get us to the dealership. oh! And we had to get jump started too. It died that much. When we arrive at the dealership we are given a slight time estimate of when we should be on the road but per usual, it took longer than expected. we left for Prosser at 9:50am and finally got home at 5:55pm. we didn't even end up making it to our meeting but we didn't really end up caring. we pulled into the church parking lot 30 min before the baptism started and luckily, it all well off without a hitch! Satan's a bugger but God is so merciful! He desires for all his children to receive salvation and even when crazy things happen, he provides a way. Even if we almost had to steal the zone leaders car :). I learned a lot about myself though on this excursion! 1) Sister Tobler has 0 patience 2) she can do hard things 3) sometimes you've just gotta PUSH ( Pray Until Something Happens) and 4) God is good. All the time :)
That is probably the highlight of my week! Anita got baptized!!!!! whoohoo!!! I love this work and I love getting to help my brothers and sisters come unto Christ! There is nothing so rewarding. I love you all! Till next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment