Wednesday, August 30, 2017

Chapter 55: The Secret Life of an STL

Hello Everyone!
Oh my goodness have I had the most insane week. After this week I see why no one EVER prays to have the opportunity to be an STL. Don't get me wrong, I love getting to work with the sisters, but it would be so much simpler to just be a normal missionary. Let me give you a little play by play.
We had exchanges with the Hillview sisters and we were aware that they had been struggling to get along so our goal was just to get out there and pound pavement and look for every little tender mercy and give thanks for them. I got to spend the day with one of my most favorite sisters of all times which was the best. We were able to talk and counsel together on what we can do to support our companions, even when its hard. We didn't necessarily see any measurable success in numbers, but for the first time in weeks, this dear sister seemed happy and ready to make her companionship work.
Then we went on exchanges with the Hermanas out in Prosser. I loved this dear sister. She goes home in 4 days but she is still cranking out the work and finding new people to teach. Its amazing to see her faith and her love for the work. We were about to head into our dinner appointment when we received a call that the Candy Mountain sisters were dying ( okay, maybe not dying but one of them had a super high fever and almost ended up in the hospital). Luckily this Hermana was able to give me some words of wisdom ( about 6 months ago she was my STL) and we rushed back to Benton City to switch back so that we could go on an emergency exchange with Candy Mountain. I went out and taught with a sister while Sister Cox stayed in and looked after our little sicky. It was a super great evening even if I was absolutely exhausted from so many exchanges. But it doesn't end there. The next evening we get another call from The Candy Mountain sisters.... She was super sick again. Round two of emergency exchanges! This time I stayed in to look after her and luckily after a bit of talking, she agreed that she probably needed a blessing and is gonna get one tonight. Now we are just praying we wont have to exchange again because gosh darn it I miss pounding pavement in my own turf. Its about time ya know.
There's the craziness of my week. We did get to teach K__ again and he is progressing so much. This week he is praying about his own baptismal date and I cant wait to hear the answer that he gets. I know that it is Gods desire for him to be baptized and he is so ready. Minus the whole smoking thing but he's so close!
Also exciting news..... We should be having a baptism this week! If it all pans out as planned! A__ passed her interview with President and she is so excited to join the fold. I love their family and I hope to one day be with them in the temple. In a year :)
I love the gospel and I love getting to share it with everyone I meet. Its really cool to be able to work with other sisters and see how they do it and to use their ideas in my own work. We truly do go about the work saving souls one by one, just as the Savior himself did. This is His work and I love being a part of it. I love you all! Till next week!
Sister Tobler
P.s. I'm learning Spanish! I can say a very VERY simple prayer in Spanish now :) hopefully by the end I'll be able to say my testimony too :) Luckily I still have lots of time for that! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment