Wednesday, August 30, 2017

Chapter 54: It's Gonna Take Work!

Hello Everyone!
Oh my goodness have we had an amazing week here in good ol' Richland. So good :) I'll give the highlights for the week and yes, I know, some of them are kinda silly, but that's our life :)
Monday: I totally took out several of the Elders playing chair soccer :) Even with the busted ankle that's still healing :) Ain't nothing gonna hold me back :) :)
Tuesday: We met this super sweet Indian lady named A and her friend B ( she said that we could just call her A--- since we were struggling to say it :)). We were walking up the stairs at this apartment complex and she stopped us and just started talking :) She just got here from India maybe a week ago and told us that we are her first friends here in Richland :) Totally made my day!!!!! I have a new friend!!!! Woohoo!!! I cant wait to see her again and see if we can teach her at all!!!
Wednesday: We had a mini missionary out with us all day :) I love Sister Grey :) We even made her a little missionary name tag. We had so much success that day with her which was so fun. The highlight was our lesson with K__ for sure. He has grown so much just over this short period of time. After we finished teaching the Law of Chasity he was asking us a little about our missions and what brought us out here in the first place. I was able to bear testimony to him of the sacred work that we are involved in and just how important it is to me. We leave our families for a year and a half for crying out loud to talk with a bunch of strangers and help them find Jesus. We give up a lot for this work but I would do it all again. I would take every slammed door, every cursing, all of it 100x over just to help my brothers and sisters come home. I love these people with all my heart and it breaks my heart to this of ever leaving them. They are everything to me. K__ is one of those elect and while he may not have been ready 20 years ago when he first met missionaries, God has prepared him now. This work is truly one of miracles :)
Thursday was MLC so that's always fun :) I got to see Sister Calder and my heart was just so happy :) I have missed her and she is doing so good :) She is my child and we are one :) :) :)
and all weekend we hit the pavement and just went at it trying to find new people :) Met a few crazy people and a few with some great potential! We had a goal to have over 40 pros hours this week and we knew that it would be a stretch with all the meetings we had. and drum roll please...... we had 43!!!!!!!!!!!!!! God wants to bless us always and the blessings just come pouring down like rain when we do our part. I love this work with all my heart and never wana stop. I love you all and thank you for all your support!
Till next week!
Sister Tobler

No comments:

Post a Comment