Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Chapter 9: I Survived!!!!

Hello Everyone!
I made it through the first transfer and I get to stay in the area!!! So excited that I have another 6 weeks to love the people here :). I really do love them so much, the members, the inactive, and the investigators. 
I'll be honest and say that we didn't really have very many lessons this week but that doesn't mean that we didn't see miracles. As I'm sure most of you have caught on, I don't really like tracting. Sorry! but knocking on door after door for 2 hours straight isn't the most fun. There are for sure a lot of really interesting moments ( let's just say that Kennewick should be the national capitol of Anti-Mormons) but I learn so much, even at those really hard doors. I have been able to realize how important it is to be kind to everyone, no matter what they say. I love people and my love of people has only grown since I've been out. The words that we use are so important and we have to be careful. I've heard it said like this. It is really easy to squeeze out an entire tube of toothpaste really fast right? Now try and put it back in the tube... ya... not really gonna work. I think our ability to express the desires of our hearts is such a gift from God, and we should use it to build others up.
Okay I'll step off my soap box now :). We did have a few really great lessons this week! The V. family ( they were baptized in February) are such a sweet family and they are so kind. We talked about humility with them last week and they were so excited to really work on aligning themselves with God throughout the week. We also had another lesson with the S. family I love them so much. We are starting to rub off on them and they are starting to develop some really great habits of prayer, scripture study, and attending church. They have yet to attend all three hours but we will get there :). Baby steps. This week Brother S. is planning on teaching us a lesson because he just feels like the Spirit is prompting to have him teach and who are we to argue with the spirit! I am so excited to hear all that he learned studying throughout the week.
S_____ and O______ are both doing really well too. It is so fun to see them grow a little more every week in their conversion. 
So General Conference is this week. Who else is super excited!!!!! Cause I certainly am :). I love getting to hear from our leaders and better know how I can improve myself to come closer to Christ. And for all of you that we able to watch the Women's Broadcast on Saturday ( if you didn't, hop to it and watch it!), President Uchtdorfs talk was pretty accurate. It is usually the 4th floor, last door, but the miracle is there. We simply have to hold tight to our faith and know that God is carrying us. That is how I get through every day and every door. God is so powerful and merciful and I am so grateful that I get to dedicate even just this small portion of my life to Him. Sometimes I wake up in the morning and feel like I don't have much to give to Him, but when I give what little I have, it increases it ten fold. Look for Him and you shall find Him and He will give you all you need.
I love you all! Till next week!
Sister Tobler
-- 
Sister Lindsey Tobler

Kennewick Washington Mission


The Zone







No comments:

Post a Comment