Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Chapter 7: More Miracles


Hello Everyone!
Let me just start out with out with our huge miracles this week....We had so many people come to church this week with us!!!!! So there was S______ and O_______ who are now both on date! Brother and Sister S________ ( who are less active ( i'll tell you more about their miracles in a minute)) and R________!( O_________ mom who has been inactive for years and told us a week ago not to teach her because she wasn't interested in the church at all). They were all there and they all LOVED it! We could hardly contain our joy as we saw all these people walk into the chapel and to think of all the progress they are making in coming closer to their Heavenly Father. We were trying not to make to much joy but our little missionary buttons were bursting through all of church. 
We are so excited that O________ is now on date to be baptized! October 8th! Yay!!!! She knows it's true and her family is being so supportive of her. Probably the best thing that we ever did was invite members to those lessons with her because now her Mom has so many connections to the church and is comfortable with coming and even participating a little more in the lessons. I can't wait to see where the next few weeks take us with their family and I know that God has it all under control :).
This Wednesday we went to see the S_______ as usual and boy, their countenances were so changed! The first time that we met them they seemed so sad because they felt that their testimonies were drowned out by their doubts of the church and that they could never feel certain again because of questions. We gave them a homework assignment before we left last time and said that we would only answer their questions if they read in the Book of Mormon every day. When we texted them a few days later they said their still hadn't started yet and that we had better have a good presentation put together. We made their assignment more specific and assured them that we had answers but that we would keep them to ourselves if they didn't do their part ( we are a little sneaky that way (:   ). When we came to their house their scriptures were out and they seemed to be glowing. As we talked about the miracle that is modern revelation and how amazing it is that we have a prophet here on the earth today, their worries melted away. Something clicked and I know that it's not really anything that we said. It was all the Spirit. 100% Him. The Spirit testifies of truth and they were able to have more confidence in what they already know to be true. 
We have taught a few other lessons this week to some new investigators but I will give more details as they progress more :). We had a lot of lessons fall through this week but I've realized that it's okay. As much as we can plan and set goals, people have their agency and we can't change that. Once people have a desire to change, to repent, and to come closer to God,that's where we come into play. We are simply guides for others on their journey closer to God. I am so grateful for this gospel. Because of Him, I don't have to feel alone as I lay in bed at night and wonder if I did enough. I don't have to wonder if I'm doing this "right". God makes everything right I know that in His timing, I'll be able to better understand everything about His plan for me. I am so grateful for all that I'm learning everyday through prayer and studying His word. Christ understands us perfectly and for that I am eternally grateful.
I love you all!!!!
Sister Tobler

-- 
Sister Lindsey Tobler

Kennewick Washington Mission

No comments:

Post a Comment