Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Chapter 8: A Week of Ups and Downs...Mostly Ups

Hello Everyone!
Such a fantastic week. Lots of ups and downs but ultimately, a really good week :). Even with zone conference this week ( which took litterally ALL day by the way) we were still able to teach a ton of lessons.  Let me just give you the highlights of this week.
S______- I love her so much. Really I do :) We had to change her baptism date but for the best reason possible... her family wants to come and support her! How amazing is that?!? So we have pushed her baptism back to the 21st of October and we will continue to help her deepen her conversion! At our lesson this last week we talked about receiving personal revelation and she just stopped us part way through and said " Oh I've already been praying about the Book of Mormon and if I should get baptized and God said that I was doing a good thing and to keep going."... GAH! So amazing to finally hear the words come out of her mouth and not just hope anymore. She really knows this is true. I can't wait for the day that she makes it to the temple. So excited!
T____- Not sure if I told you how we met T____ so I'll give a quick recap. It was a bit of an awkward encounter. So we knocked on his door, no answer, and he pulled up in the driveway just as we were walking away. We knocked at his neighbors house and then decided to go back. He was waiting there in his drive way and said " I'm so glad that you came back. I have been waiting to talk to missionaries. I have seen so many members of your church and I have heard about what you believe and I'm tired of hearing what everyone else has to say. I want to hear it from the source. I dont have time today but will you come back?" I bet you can imagine how stunned we were. No one has ever said anything like that since I got here. We set up a time to go back and taught the restoration really focusing on the need for the Priesthood. He had lots of good questions and when we asked him if he would get baptized when he knew the message was true, he said ( and I quote) "well I dont see why not!". Todd is amazing. We love Todd. He is so ready and after we have taught him all the lessons, he wants us to teach his family. Yay for missionary work!
O_____- She has been such a good example to her family and just eats up everything that we teach her. She is super ready to be baptized and I love her so much. She is a sweet girl. We taught her the plan of salvation and now she is planning to make a little plan of salvation chart and teach her family about it to test what she remembers :). She's already such a good little missionary to her family!
One last big lesson.
R_____ and J_____We have been doing quite a bit of service for her lately because she had a surgery this last week. We didnt really know what we were going into but we planned to talk about the restoration. The spirit works in amazing ways because we spent the entire time talking about how much God loves us and wants to bless us, how we just need to turn to him. I dont think they had ever realized that God, the creator of the entire universe could love them individually. I really hope they invite us back. The spirit was so strong in there that even they couldn't deny it. 
I am so incredibly grateful for all that I have learned so far. I am learning so much every day. I'm growing and being molded into something more beautiful and grand than I could have ever imagined becoming on my own. He takes my worries and replaces them with strengths. He has carried me so many times in the last few weeks that I know he understands me. This work is so important. The message of this gospel is so important and it changes lives. It makes anyone who tries it so incredibly happy and that is something that I will share not just for the rest of my mission, but for the rest of my life. I am a missionary, and how great is my calling :). 
I love you all! Trust in God and know that He is!
Sister Tobler
P.s. and look who I found while watching the district in training this week!!! Daddy!!!!!



Here there was a picture of her dad on the screen.  She found him while watching 
The District.  So if she gets homesick she can just watch.  I don't know why I cannot get 
it to show up here.  Oh well....

-- 
Sister Lindsey Tobler

Lindsey and Sister Miner


First Mission Zone Conference.
This is all of the sister missionaries in her zone.

Kennewick Washington Mission

No comments:

Post a Comment