Tuesday, September 26, 2017

Chapter 61: Windy Days are Blowing in Miracles!

Hello Everyone!
This week has been quite the adventure :) I'll give a quick play by play so I can get into some of the cool miracles we had this week :).
So Monday night we get a call from Sister D asking us if we would be willing to sing on Sunday for sacrament meeting.... I was all over that :) We decided to use it as incentive to invite lots of people to church and while Satan's a bugger and kept our investigators at bay, a less active did come and was touched by the spirit of our song. I think his heart is softening. So ya. Because we were given just a few days heads up and Sister Bricker is only so-so musical, we spent a lot of time singing and practicing. Every place we drove we were singing. While walking down the street, we were singing. in the shower, while laying in bed, EVERYWHERE :). It was fun though. Super fun :)
Tuesday we were on Exchanges with the Palouse Sisters and I got to go work in there area. Background, its a walking area, and my goodness it was so windy! For once I think I wished that I was an elder and could wear pants! We looked kinda funny walking around holding our skirts down but we were still able to find some amazing people who said that they have been wanting to get God back in their life. Super neat. Plus the ward did a LA finding blitz that night and got to know everyone who had fallen away and many of them were actually really receptive to coming back and having missionaries stop by!
Thursday we had a big Zone Conference which took up most of the day but the rest of our evening was booked with LA and Potential lessons and guess what.... NONE OF THEM FELL THROUGH!!!!!! That was a miracle in itself because we weren't able to do any planning that morning! While maybe some of those people aren't progressing at the rate of others that we are working with, its neat to see them take little steps and start to bear their testimonies to us on principles of the gospel :)
Friday we found W.! She's a former investigator as we were finally able to get in with her. That was probably one of the most inspired lessons I think I've ever taught on my mission. She expressed some concerns that kept her from getting baptized in the past and we were able to teach simply of how we recognize the spirit. I pulled out Moroni 7:13-14( I had just read it on Tuesday) and read it to her. She paused and asked to see it and read it again. Her face changed and she whispered " I get it". My heart started to sing :) I love it when the spirit is able to testify to someone that its true. I feel like a real missionary :) I know that God is working on the hearts of His children and when they are ready, they will get it :)
Saturday was the amazing women's broadcast. If you missed it I highly recommend it and I wont spoil it for you. Just go watch it :)
And after Linger Longer on Sunday we decided to go try and contact and investigator... no one home sadly, but we turn around and in pulls one of our other investigators that totally disappeared off the face of the earth a few weeks ago.... and her sister who said that she wanted to meet with us!!!! WOOHOO!!!! We taught them about prayer and they were so sincere when saying that they knew that they needed to communicate with God more often and would work on that this week. 
The work is really picking up here a ton and pretty soon we will have no option but to run to all the appointments! The goal: that they will have to put more missionaries in these areas just to keep up with everything :) You can tell that these are the last days. The final harvest is at hand and God is bringing in all who will come. I'm grateful to be one of the gatherers. I love this work. Have a wonderful week! I love you all!

Sister Tobler

No comments:

Post a Comment