Tuesday, September 26, 2017

Chapter 60: Catch Me if you Can!


Hello Everyone! 
You'll have to try and keep up cause my goodness we had such a busy week this week. quite literally running from place to place. We found several new move in Less Actives that we are starting to work with and we have high hopes to get them back to church soon! Its the perfect opportunity to start fresh and start out on the right foot being in a new ward and they see it too. Of course there are trials that are going to try and keep there out of the Church, but we know that the spirit will continue to work on their hearts to bring them back home. A few of them we even asked them if we could "practice" teaching them and they were super eager to not only help, but to hear how we help people come into the gospel :).
Super cool miracle this week. So we got this referral for a guy named B__. It didn't have much info other than he had talked with missionaries and said we could stop by. We were a little skeptical it would result to much but we went. No one named B__ lived at the address, but we met J___ there. He started out by bashing us a little about how we mormons are so exclusive because he tried to walk in the temple once and they wouldn't let him in ( there was his first mistake :)) but we taught about the purpose of temples and showed him some pictures in the pamphlet and his heart was softened. He asked when and where church was and was eager to set up and appointment so that we could come in and teach him and his family. Super cool!
Another cool miracle. We were talking to one of our potentials in the parking lot and she says " I was baptized into a church when I was 7 but I really feel like I need to be baptized again. How do I do that?". My mouth just dropped. We explained our purpose and invited her to come to the womens broadcast this week where we would have a little more time to talk with her about how to make that happen :) Super cool!
What else... We visited with this Less Active Recent Convert and talked about doing the Christlike attribute activity in PMG and as she was looking over it she just looked at us and was like " this in an answer to my prayers. I have felt like I've been stuck in my progression but now I know what more I can do. Thank  you so much!". Talk about inspired plans. :)
We were knocking a few doors in the rain last night and ended up in the more run down part of our area ( don't worry mom we were being safe) and we knocked on these two doors. One talked to us through the door and when she heard we were the missionaries she kept apologizing that she couldn't let us in ( she's was sick) but asked that we come back in 2 days! Super duper nice lady. So excited to see what she looks like :) The next door we knocked on recognized the tag and said they wished they had time but gave us #s to call and asked us to come back soon so that we could talk more! Super duper DUPER cool! God blesses us when we are in the right places :)
I am so glad that I'm getting to be an instrument for the Lord here. Its an honor really :) I feel myself growing everyday and I'm glad to be able to help others along the path back home too. I love you all! Thanks for your love and prayers! Till next week!
-- 
Sister Lindsey Tobler

Kennewick Washington Mission

No comments:

Post a Comment