Monday, November 21, 2016

Chapter 17: 'O the Weather Outside is Frightful!!!

Hello Everyone!
If you couldn't tell based on this weeks letter title, it's a little on the cold side.. or a lot a bit! We went from having 50 degree weather to 30 with wind!!!! I was not prepared for that! We think people take pity on us because we have had a few people who invited us in immediately to let us warm up for a minute even if they aren't particularly interested in having a lesson. It gives us an opportunity to share a little more of what we believe though! Amazing how God helps the work to go forth no matter how cold and blustery it is outside :).

The work is just fantastic! We had a lesson with a YSA aged gal' named G_____. A little back story on her, she has been close to being baptized twice and both times backed out the day before/ an hour before because of some anxieties she has. Our lesson with her this week was truly inspired. We talked about the Restoration but emphasized how God helps us to overcome our anxieties and shortcomings. Joseph Smith only had a third grade education. He was persecuted nearly his entire life and through it all, he relied on God. God gives the increase when we have nothing left to give. Amazing to see the wheels turn in her mind as it made sense that if she really wants to be baptized, God will help her because it is a righteous desire. We invited her to be baptized on December 24th and she got so excited ( in fact, she threw her hands in the air :)) and accepted. She is so excited to be baptized on Christmas Eve and then to receive the best gift ever on Christmas, the Holy Ghost :). I can't think of a better way to spend the holidays.

We have also been teaching this lady named J___. It's incredible to see how God humbles and prepares people to be baptized. She said that she already knows that she want's to be baptized to show God her devotion to Him and really want's to be baptized on her birthday( in three weeks). We know that if she truly wants this and exercises faith unto repentance, she can be baptized even in that short a time. I think it's amazing how we aren't really even doing anything with these people. We are literally being led to them at the exact moment when they are prepared. God is amazing :).

I went on exchanges this week and I can be honest and say that I was terrified! When I have gone on exchanges in the past I always left my area and went to the Sister Training Leaders area. This time, I stayed in my area and had to be the leader and make the plans and everything. You could say that was a little frightening especially since I had been here a week at that point. Sister Evans was great and helped me plan out the day and everything and then Sister Nessen was amazing in helping me navigate the area via map and her memory ( she used to serve here). We were truly blessed and we relied on God and went where He needed us!

I love this work with all my heart! I'm sure that I say that every week but I really do. I have seen so many times when I felt so low and only God was able to pick me back up again. When I wake up and I feel so sick and tired he gives me to strength to get up, throw on some sweats, and go run either a 1/4 mile or half a mile ( just depends :)), and head out and get to work. I know that I don't have the strength on my own, but He gives the increase. Always.

I love you all!!! Have a great Thanksgiving!!!!!

Sister Tobler

No comments:

Post a Comment