Saturday, November 19, 2016

Chapter 16: Let Him Heal You

Howdy Everyone!!!
So I'm serving in Richland now! Land of.... well I don't actually know what... I have no clue where I am... ya... but I love it here :). By far my favorite place to tract in in Candy Mountain Estates where all of the streets are named after different candys :). We tracted Milky Way yesterday and I think we will be tracting Starbust Ln tomorrow :). Super fun. The people here are very kind and even though most aren't interested they listen and take a pamphlet. We have even had a few people say that we can come back in a few days to check up on their reading. Little do they know what will happen if they pray :)

It is really interested serving in YSA branch. Kinda weird since everyone is around my age. My worlds collided a little yesterday when we were greeting people as they walked in for church and someone from my YSA ward up at BYUI walked in. My mind kinda exploded and I wasn't really sure what to say so me being my awkward self just said "Hi!" and gave her a hug and tried not to stare at her through all of church. Now y'all have a glimpse of what happens when missionaries worlds collide. You're welcome :) It is fun though to have a part in helping them bring their friends into the Gospel. There is a young man in the branch who was just baptized a few months ago and is now serving as a branch missionary. Earlier this year if you asked him what he believed he would have said that he was an atheist. Amazing how people can change with the light of Christ.

We met the most amazing lady this week! Her name is G____. She's 72 years old, never been married and quite possibly never made a mistake in her entire life ( just kidding!). Sister Evans met her nephew several weeks ago and we were finally able to meet her! Turns out she has been reading the Book of Mormon for over a year!!! I asked her what she has thought of it and she said "Oh, I know it's true. You will learn when you get to be my age that there is no way that any man could have written this book. It is a book from God". She was first exposed to the church as a young girl through cousins but in her tiny town there were no church members. She remembers that when she had that first exposure she made a promise with God to follow him always. She has "lived the Mormon lifestyle" (that's how she put it :)) all her life and wants to be baptized. She is now preparing to be baptized in December :). I love her so much and I'm so excited to watch her continue to progress towards our Heavenly Father.

We also met this lady named J____ this week. She immediately invited us in and it was evident that she had been crying all night. She opened up to us and told us of the hardships she has been facing and she felt like God had abandoned her or was punishing her for all of her sins. All I could do was testify of the love that God has for her and that I knew that it was no coincidence that we knocked on her door that night. I'm not sure if I have ever been so bold or direct in my entire life but there was a power behind my words and know that she was able to catch at least a glimpse of the love that God has for her. I know that God's love is real and is available to all who will reach out to Him. He knows each of us individually. He knows us BY NAME. He knows all of our trials, struggles, heartaches, and everything in between. Rely on Him and I promise He will give you strength to do all things. 

Another exciting thing, we had Elder Zaballos come and do a mission tour here!!! So much fun to get to hear from a general authority of the Lord and everything that he hoped that we can become as missionaries. I feel ready to go and help the work continue to progress. He compared missionary work to an apple. You never know how many apples you will get from a single seed. In the same way, you never know how many lives you will touch through your service. He was the only person in his family that joined the church but now his children have all served missions, taught, served, and spread the love of God to hundreds of people. Christlike service does bring forth "apples", even if we never know how many we get :). Also, get excited to the 2016 Christmas initiative the church is doing. We got to preview it :) I wont give anything away but get ready for it :) So excited!!!!!!

I love this work so much, with all of my heart in fact :) It's amazing how the Gospel of Jesus Christ is true no matter where you go. You can go to Kennewick, or Richland, or Texas,or Thailand and it is the same. God is the same no matter the continent and His work will progress. Every knee shall bow and every tongue shall confess that Jesus is the Christ and I look forward to that day when He will say " the work is done". Until that day I will serve Him with all of my heart, might, mind and strength. To all of you within the sound of my voice ( and email :)), Give your life to Him in serving your fellow men and you will see His hand in your life DAILY! I have seen in. I have tested Him and He has proven true every time.

 I love you all and thank you for all of your love and support!!!
Sister Tobler

P.S. The choir I directed for the mission conference, FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)
New companion, Sister Evans!



No comments:

Post a Comment