Tuesday, March 21, 2017

Chapter 33: We're Stayin' Put!

Hello Everyone! 
We got the transfer calls this morning and Sister Calder and I are both so happy to report that we will be staying in our beloved Pasco for at least another transfer :). Phew!!! Sadly though, one of my favorite Sisters is headed off to my "birth area" to be an STL! It's crazy how close I have gotten with these sisters but I know that she will do AMAZING things and be able to touch so many lives. It makes me grateful to know that the Lord truly does qualify those who He calls. I didn't think that I would be able to train a new missionary and look at me now! Every time the Lord trusts me with another responsibility it simply gives me another opportunity to grow. I am so grateful for the trust that He puts in us.
Now onto my week :)
Sister Calder and I sang in the Columbia Basin ward yesterday :). What made the experience even more sweet was that one of our favorite members (Sister R___) came to church to watch :). She hasn't gone to church in over 5 years! Our buttons were nearly bursting with joy when we saw her walk in the doors, wearing a fur coat and all :). So many of the ward members were crying they were so happy to see her too. I love being a missionary :).
We also had a wonderful lesson with C____ this week. Sometimes I wonder if we are making an impact in her life because she does take very small steps, but it is truly amazing when you are sitting in a lesson and you ask them if they will be baptized and they say that they already know that they want to be. It just makes our spirits soar! True, she doesn't feel quite ready to accept a date yet, but we know that God is working on her heart and preparing her to step into the waters of baptism. We just know it.
We have met so many wonderful people this week and I wish I could go into lengthy detail about them all. Just know, the work is hastening :)
Kinda neat, we have been working with a recent convert for a little while and this week, he finished his recent convert discussions! We have felt so lucky to see him progress so much in the gospel and now he is preparing to go to the temple! So cool! He was a little sad that we have finished "class" with him ( as he puts it) so we gathered up some missionaries and headed to his home to clean up his yard. I should have taken before and after shots because boy does it look 100x better now :) and it was so fun to serve in the rain with the district. I rub shoulders with some pretty great missionaries :)
I LOVE the gospel so much if you couldn't tell :). It's amazing to be able to give everything that I have to God for 18 months. It's insanely hard but I know that with Him I can do all things. That has been a huge focus of ours this week, trusting in God. It's hard to do, but when we trust Him, He is able to lift us to greater heights. Proverbs 3:5-6. Trust in the Lord with all thine heart and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways knowledge him and he shall direct thy ways for good ( or something like that. I don't have my Bible in front of me :))
I love you all so much! Thank you for all that you do for me!
Sister Tobler

Locked out by Sister Calder

No comments:

Post a Comment