Tuesday, December 6, 2016

Chapter 19: O Holy Night

Hello Everyone!
I can't even believe that another week has come and gone so quickly! Crazy! I swear that it was Monday 2 days ago right??? 
First off, I had the amazing experience of being able to go back to my old area on Saturday for the baptism of K__ S___. Remember him? Super golden man who just soaked up the gospel. I felt so privileged to have been able to head back and be a part of his special day. It's amazing how people change their lives for the gospel and the light that it brings into their eyes. I got to chat with him for a minute after the service and he seemed so much brighter. So cool!!!! Plus it was fun to see Sister Miner again :). But as fun as it was to be back there and see those members who I love with all my heart, I knew that it was good that I was transferred to Richland. Even in the short few weeks that I've been away, I have grown and changed and become an even more confident missionary ( if that's even possible :)). I love this work so much and I will love it probably until the day I die... maybe even longer :)
We got to spend this weekend ushering for an activity that the stake put on this weekend which was super fun! They did a nativity showcase and had nativities from all over the world set up around the building plus a room entirely dedicated to pictures of Christ. So amazing! Walking around, there is no way you could deny that Christ is the center of all that we teach. He is our Savior and Redeemer and there is no way that I could be out here without Him. He is my rock and with Him, I shall never fall. Also, interesting little tidbit about the activity, Sister Evans and I performed in the musical program that was going on during all this :) We threw it together with a member of the ward about 2 days in advance which was a little crazy but it came together beautiful. Only one problem... now the entire stake and zone knows that I sing... Yikes!!!! This should be fun :) At least they aren't aware that I play the piano a little bit... I'm safe for now :). 
So yesterday we had the amazing opportunity to listen to the First Presidency Christmas devotional. Did you all tune into that? SO GOOD! We didn't get to see the whole thing just because it was a crazy day, but I loved it. One thing that stuck out to me ( not sure if it was actually said or if I just thought it because of something that was said) was that because of the Sacrifice on Easter, that night in Bethlehem became holy. Without Christ's suffering and ultimate death for us, it would have been just another night and just another star. But because He came, it's a different sort of day. Families gather together and make new memories, people are kinder to one another, and everyone has a tune humming in their hearts. I love this time of year and I don't think I expected to love it this much as a missionary. Sure it can be hard at times because people are SO busy, but I love that I am set apart to proclaim this joyous news, that Christ came and that because He came, we can return to live with God again as we apply the gospel of Jesus Christ to our lives. I feel so lucky to get to be apart of this great work. 
So a few miracles from this week:
C__. We were knocking doors in an apartment complex and literally either no one was home or they weren't interested. Plus to make the story even greater, it was freezing. May have been raining too if I remember correctly. We stopped him at the top of the stairs and started sharing the message of the Restoration. He said that he's new to being a Christian and would love to learn more and really loves what we do as missionaries. He literally spends his days out singing about Jesus and telling people to become Christian. and he "accepted" Christ less than a year ago. Sounds pretty golden to me :). I'll be excited to see what comes of our appointment with him this week!
Saturday. let's just say that this was our craziest day this week. We had to drive all the way out to Benton City for a zone council and then rush back into town to usher for the stake thing. on our way in we grabbed lunch and as we are getting ready to pay, a member steps up and buys us lunch. So much gratitude!!! Then, the same thing happened at dinner that night! and at lunch today! Members are truly amazing and heaven sent. I am so grateful for strong members of the church who are willing to support missionaries in whatever ways they can, even if it's just buying us a meal because really, it makes our day :).
I love this gospel so much. I am so grateful for all that it is helping me to become. I know that through all the ups and downs, Christ is carrying me. I'm becoming stronger through His grace. I'm being made better. How grateful I am for that babe in Bethlehem who came and gave it all so that I wouldn't have to. I love this gospel and I love you all! Till next week!
Sister Tobler
P.s. Transfers are next week so we will see what happens!!!

-- 
Sister Lindsey Tobler

Kennewick Washington Mission

Working at the nativity as ushers.
They found a cow!


Thanks mom for the December 1st package.
Check out their cute tree.

Richland had their first snow last week.
Brrr!

No comments:

Post a Comment