Tuesday, October 18, 2016

Chapter 12: Baptism

Hello Everyone!
They say that a picture is worth a thousand words...



There are no words to express the joy that I felt on Saturday as I watched O___ be baptized. I'll even admit, I cried I was so happy :). She cried throughout the entire service saying that she was so happy to finally be getting baptized that she couldn't contain the joy. She described it quite perfectly. She knew exactly what covenants she was making with God and couldn't wait to be numbered among his fold. We couldn't been prouder as she humbly bowed her head in the water as her father baptized her. To close the service she chose the song "I love to see the temple".  In that moment I could see it so clearly. I felt my mind flash forward to the day that she enters the temple to make more promises with God. I wish I could explain it better but there simply are no words in the human language to describe to Godly joy that I felt in that moment.  God love was pouring down in that room and there was not a dry eye as everyone felt the spirit. It was tangible.
 This week we are preparing for S____'s baptism and I am so excited for her. There have been some bumps in her path to get to this point but she is so ready. Just the interview to go and she will be ready to make those promises to God :). While she really is a funny lady, I love her so much and even bigger than that, I can feel the love that God has for her.
We met a few new investigators this week and I am so excited to see them progress! Let me tell you one little miracle story :).
We are walking down the dark roads in the country ( seems many of my stories start out this way...) and it is raining. again. Most of the people we have talked with have been either minorly anti or major anti. Then we meet T___.
Us: Hello there! We are missionaries from the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints and our purpose is to invite everyone to come unto Christ. Are you Religious at all?
T___:Ya I'm Lutheran. I actually have a lot of Mormon friends.
Us: Oh cool! So do you go to a church around here?
T___: No. I've been looking for one. Actually, You guys had this broadcast a couple of weeks ago and I really wanted to watch it but I couldn't find it. I was really bummed about that.
........
You could say that we were a little startled :) We set up a time to go back and she wants to come to church with us! So cool right!!! God is pouring out miracles upon this area as we have tried to work hard and ultimately, as the members have gotten involved. 
I love the people here so much. They have helped me to "grow into the tag" so much. I love serving them and learning from their experiences. We taught a less active lady this week about overcoming opposition and the tools that God has given us to " hit Satan upside the head with a shovel" ( as Sister Miner would say) We have the armor of God, something that we put on everyday through prayer, scripture study, church attendance, and so many other blessings that God has given us. Sometimes the armor can seem a little uncomfortable. We have to remember though, the fiery darts of the adversary and very VERY real and they will be flying every single day. Without fail. We cant look out out window and say "hmmmm... doesn't seem too bad today. I think I could just dodge Satan. My breastplate of righteousness is such a hassle I think I'll just wear my hoodie of happiness. ya. That will protect me. Maybe the beanie of benevolence just for good measure." WRONG! Take advantage of what God has given you! put on the armor of God DAILY and you will be protected from Satan's influence. 
I love you all! Till next week!
Sister Tobler





-- 
Sister Lindsey Tobler

Kennewick Washington Mission

No comments:

Post a Comment