Sunday, June 18, 2017

Chapter 45: Transfers

Hello Everyone!!!!
I know I say this every week, but this week was so crazy!!!! We literally had meetings everyday except for Tuesday and Saturday so that kept us really busy! First off I should probably let y'all know, we got transfer calls this morning and.... I'M STAYING!!!! WITH SISTER CRAM!!!! WOOHOOO!!! This next transfer is going to be so great!!! So excited!! We are getting almost all new sisters in our stewardship! So weird! But I'm excited to get to know these new sisters and feel God's love for them :). I love being a missionary. 
So many miracles this week! We took the V____ family on a temple tour yesterday and the spirit there was so wonderful. We have been struggling to help them to finally pick a date for their baptism but she was able to finally decide. It may not be as soon as we hoped, but I know that God will continue to prepare them for August 18th. God is all over this and He knows exactly what they need and the timing for their family. We are so excited for them. Their are adopting a little boy in July so even he will be able to be there on their special day. Eternal families are so amazing and its awesome to see them desire that. 
Can I just say how grateful I am for members and their willingness to help with the work? We have been working with the L____ family ( returning Less Active family) for a while and we love them so much. They do so much for us and when we were looking for fellowship for J____ and her family, they were the first people to come to mind :). And they were so willing to help. A hour with both families at the L____ farm and there started a beautiful friendship between the families that will totally help them to feel comfortable coming to church and all. Members are so needed to help with the social conversion because it takes BOTH, spiritual and social conversion, to help a convert stay active throughout their lives. I love the members for all that they do to help our investigators grow in the gospel. 
I love this work so much. We have been talking a lot about obedience this week in the mission. Of course we always talk about it, but with Elder Andersen coming on Saturday, there's a HUGE focus now :). President gave an incredible thought about obedience. In this mission, we are known for being VERY strict. We have lots of little rules and many don't make a lot of sense, but we obey because we want the blessings. President said " Ya know, I don;t think wearing logos will keep you out of the celestial kingdom. It just wont... BUT. Your attitude behind the rule ( commandment) will." When we disobey because a commandment seems silly or not of eternal significance, we are turning away from God, and that is the bigger sin. It made me think about what I can do better. I may not be disobedient ( I promise I'm not!!!! :)) but what more can I do to hand my life over to my Savior. What more can I do to be a better servant. I am so excited to see the changes that come in myself as I do so. 
I love you and I love my Savior for all that He has done for me. Thanks for all your love and support! Till next week!
Sister Tobler

No comments:

Post a Comment