Sunday, June 18, 2017

Chapter 44: 10 months!

Hello Everyone!!!
I literally have no clue where to start with this week. In short, it was full of ups and downs. LOTS of them. But it has been really cool to see that through it all, God supported us and the work in our area. So many miracles happened this week! I'll try to keep it concise :)
We had 2 lessons with J____ this last week! Funny thing, we discovered that her husband isn't actually an evangelical missionary... he actually went to jail..... that was weird.... and then at our second lesson he was back. Still have no clue whats going on there, but anyways! So neat. She is searching for truth and really wants to make the right decision and come closer to God. After teaching the restoration and asking her thoughts she immediately said that she knew it could happen. She knew that this was good and that we were sent from God right in the moment that she needed help. We taught her and her kids how to pray and the spirit in her apartment totally changed. it was incredible. 
I got to go on exchanges with Hermana Malone this week and man i wish that I had remembered to take a picture!!!! Most of you probably don't know, but we went to girls camp and everything together! Grew up in the same stake :) How nutty is that!! Anyways, it was super fun to get to spend the day together in Cottonwood and learn from one another. She has such a fire for the gospel and loves sharing it and I felt like I learned so much from her. She's totally gonna take every area she serves in by storm. 
Can I just take a quick moment to second to praise my companion? Sister Cram is literally the best. She is so good at supporting me in all my goals an endeavors. Good companions make all the difference in an area. God is so good and has blessed me with an amazing companion. 
Here's a little thought to get yall through the week. President Uchtdorf said " With Christ, darkness cannot succeed. Darkness will not gain victory over the light of Christ." I totally saw that this week. We have a light about us as followers of Christ and no matter how many people try to bring us down or make us doubt who we really are, the cannot, for light always chases away darkness. When we cant seem to find the light, look to Christ. He is always there. Always. 
I love yall! Till next week!!!
Sister Tobler


p.s. I'll try to have the member take a video of it today, but I'm singing and playing the uke in a missionary talent show today :) SO PUMPED!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment