Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Chapter 4: "Yes, I know...it's Wednesday, not Monday!"

(I took the names out of the letter she sent.  In case you are wondering about the blanks.]

Hello Everyone!
Yes I know... It's Wednesday. Not Monday. Our zone had the wonderful opportunity to go to the temple out here in Kennewick this morning so they switched out P-Day to Wednesday just for this week. Boy do I love getting out to the temple :) just what I needed, to get to soak in the Spirit there and not fret about anything. Perfection!

I'm not ever really sure where to start! It's been such a crazy full week! Lets see... We landed in Pasco on Tuesday and spent the whole first day in interviews with President White, learning about the history of the area, and catching our breath a little. Funny story, I managed to lose my name tag on the plane ( as if I didn't have enough to think about) but the flight attendant was very helpful looking for it and ultimately, one of the elders found it :) No stress there! That night we went to the temple and had an amazing testimony there. I'm not sure I have ever felt the spirit so strong as 20 missionaries bore their hearts about their love of the gospel and how they are here because they love out Savior. While I'm not always certain why God needs me out here in Washington, I know that there's a plan. I know that God knows what I'm going through and He gives me the strength to keep going even when I'm tired of getting up at 6:30 every morning. He is EVERYTHING to me.

Wednesday I got my companion! Sister Miner. Goodness she's a saint, or at least it feels like it sometimes. She has such a strong testimony and a love of sharing it. I hope to be able to take a few things from her to become  a much better missionary than I could have ever been without her example to me. She's very patient with me which is awesome. Of course there is a learning curve out here but having a great trainer makes it all so much better. Our first night out we had a lesson that the Elders before us had set up with ________ , _________, and_________ .   __________ is a less active member and _______ is her husband. Their daughter, has already expressed her desires to be baptized so we are teaching the whole family to help them come to that same desire together. We want the daughter to have that support once she is baptized so we keep teaching :). We plan to go back on Saturday to keep going on the lessons.

We are also teaching this couple,  and they are so wonderful I can't even express it. So elect. They have been taking the discussions for about 2 years now and they get so close every time to baptism and something changes. I am so happy to say that after our lesson on Friday, they are set to be baptized on October 8th! I am so excited to get to work with them in the coming weeks to help them prepare for that date. They already have such a testimony of Christ and they have a real desire to make it to the temple and be sealed together for time and for all eternity. There are people out there who are just waiting to be found, who are looking to increase their relationship with God, and we pray every moment of the day that God will lead us to them . I know He will and that He does, daily.

One more person we are teaching.  She's a sweet lady living with her niece who is a member of the Church. We've gone by I think 2 times now and she is tentatively planning to be baptized on the 24th of September. She isn't quite set on that date yet but that's her goal. She knows it's true and she has a desire to live with God again, she just has a few fears that we are hoping to ease as we continue to meet and help her deepen her testimony.

Let's just say that we knock A LOT of doors here and I can be honest, it's not my favorite part of the work. But I'm totally willing to do it to find those people like_______ and  _________ who are ready for the gospel and who are ready to make changes. My confidence is building a little bit ever day in my ability to share what I know to be true on a strangers porch. It's kinda funny when you start to have favorite doors after looking at so many in a day. I guess that's the life of a missionary in part :)

Thank you all for all of your support! It makes me smile to get on and see so many emails and so much love flooding in from all around the country. I love you all and I'm so grateful for the examples that y'all have been to me.

I know this gospel is true with all my heart. Honestly, I wouldn't be out here in 100 degree weather if I didn't know it. This gospel has changed my life. It has made me a better person. It has helped me to find confidence in myself and in my Savior. No matter what, God is always there. When life seems to hard to bear, turn to Him in sincere prayer and I know for a fact that he will answer you. In fact, turn to Him always. I invite you all to sincerely pray to Him tonight and pour out your hearts to Him. Tell Him what has been on your mind! Open up to Him and I know that you will feel an outpouring of love from Him. I have learned it for myself.

I love you all!!!
Sister Tobler  



-- 
Sister Lindsey Tobler

Kennewick Washington Mission


Sister Miner and Sister Tobler


The Sisters in Lindsey's zone.

No comments:

Post a Comment